Saturday, December 15, 2012

We Need Your Help

Christmas is around the corner and I thought I'd be making decisions about baking my specialty peanut butter cookies or sugar cookies with frosting, but here I am trying to decide between stain or just a coat of poly urethane.

We need your help. Really, we do. Here are the options. We can either stain the entire upstairs and the stairs or we can put a coat of poly urethane which may preserve the original look of the hardwoods and still look beautiful.

So if you could please simply respond to the facebook post or put a comment below that says STAIN or POLY, that would be much appreciated.

I realize it's Saturday night. I realize I'm asking a lot, but thanks in advance for spreading a little holiday cheer and helping us with this design decision.

Here are the options in pictures:

STAIN:

JUST POLY URETHANE (the part that looks wet):
I realize we aren't comparing apples to apples because the stain will also receive a coat of Poly Urethane, but you get the picture.

Here are progress pictures from Friday since I took a day off.





What is the hole below, you ask? That's where a toilet goes. Gross, huh? It's so much better than where it was...in the middle of the room looking awkward and embarrassed. 


And we paid a visit to Sarah and Hep the Wonder Dog today. She's such a lady by day and a wild woman by night (Hep that is). Jack LOVED Sarah and Hep obviously cracked him up. 





1 comment: