Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Calm Before The Storm

As I was walking through the house today measuring windows, a small lightning bolt zapped my brain.

We are here.

We are so close.


This is the calm before the storm.

I spent a moment of solitude in that old empty house imagining Jack's crib in his room with electronic ocean sounds filling the air. Although I have recently been assigned to play the birds during the day because that's what Jack likes (as told by Kyle). Dad of the Year award goes to...

We are so close.

I can imagine my clothes hung perfectly in the closet. I can see Jack's crib in his room and his newly assigned reading corner assembled (WITH A BUILT IN BOOKSHELF). I can see our family here in this old house.

We are here.

We are so close.
And before the true tornado hits, I'm taking a moment of silence to celebrate, to breathe deeply, to take this beautiful moment of change in stride. And just as I think I have mentally moved on from this house, their is a loud knock at the front door with a plate full of Christmas sweets from our lovely neighbors.


We are here. The Calm Before the Storm.


No comments:

Post a Comment