Monday, December 10, 2012

We Bought a Fixer Progress

Mental note for the day: when wanting to learn about a certain decade don't assume someone lived through that decade just because they are old. Do the math first. Sorry, Gram.

I've been searching everywhere for clues about the history of this house. On Saturday I finally found one:
Yes, it's an old typewritten note for a diaper cleaning service. This note is a piece of history. It's beautiful. 

Progress is the word of the week. Here are progress pictures:
Installed today:
I may have camped out in that tub for 20 minutes Saturday admiring the work. I could probably sleep in there I love it so much. Yes, that's a foot in the corner.
More progress. Hide your kids, hide your wives..this basement was scary. 
But now it's beautiful:
Guest bedroom:
Crown molding:
Wallpaper accent in the glass cabinet:

And more importantly, here's Jack looking cute at Lowes. I remember thinking he would never be able to sit in a shopping cart like that:















No comments:

Post a Comment