Friday, December 7, 2012

Renovation Crack

The thing about renovations is it's like crack. (No, mom, I've never tried crack, but I've watched enough Intervention to understand the concept).

You get a little taste and it opens Pandora's box of remodel ideas. We could do this, or this, or this. In my mind I'm knocking down walls and putting a few up. I'm building stairs where stairs could never exist to rooms that don't exist.

The thing about renovations is you're never really done until you're done and then you just want to start all over again somewhere else.

But there's this tiny thing called money and it's keeping me in check. Thanks a lot, money. You're so rude sometimes.

Here's what happened today:



I guess a little pizza goes a long way. I mean, I was expecting pretty, but I never dreamed of this. It makes me do toe touches. It makes me want to take 17 baths immediately.

And Kyle started this little trick to make the crown molding appear larger. Install chair rail one inch above baseboard and paint inch white. Very nice.

Remember how we talked about Jack scrawling. Here is what I mean. He is so close:


No comments:

Post a Comment