Wednesday, December 5, 2012

IOU

Something crazy happened today. I stopped by a local Cajun Creole restaurant to pick up lunch for my hardworking husband. As I was bragging about the proximity of our new old house, the employee asked me if I had cash.

"No," I said turning red.

He jotted a price on a small receipt.

"Just bring it by anytime," he said.

"What?" I asked.

"Yeah, we do it all the time. Just bring it by whenever."

"Ok," I said in disbelief.



In that moment, this restaurant gained a lifelong customer. Not because they allowed an I Owe You, but becasue they made a situation that could have really sucked for a customer craving cajun completely normal and comfortable.

So, the question is. Did I pay them back?

It's on my to do list.

But due to the old fashioned trust they demonstrated today, you'd better believe I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment