Sunday, December 30, 2012

Backsplash & a Duty Swap

Today we Duty Swapped.

Kyle got an afternoon with Jack. I got a day at the house.

I cleaned the attic, accessorized the bathrooms, and painted the sun room so we can put carpet in this week.

For the entire three hours it took to clean the attic I pictured a hairy vampire bat flying at my face with 4 foot fangs and red beady eyes. I could not get the image out of my head so I had to make frequent trips to the second floor to compose myself and stare at the pretty hardwood floors.
Cute is not a word I would use to describe the image running through my brain:
You know how they say childhood can really impact your future? It's true because I believed a bat lived in our attic at my home growing up and I seemed to always be the one who had to fetch the trash bag full of Christmas ornaments. It went a little bit like this: put baseball cap on, transform yourself into a ninja, run through attic, grab bag and get downstairs.

This phobia would not be so bad if I didn't have this tidbit of knowledge that if a bat bites you, they have to cut off it's head to test it for rabies. And you need to go to the hospital and get shots, etc. So, yes, I was concerned about the inconvenience this may cause the day before our second wedding anniversary.

And, yes, frankly, I just didn't want a bat flying at my head because I may not recover from that. Anyway...here are today pictures from just me with my rediscovered fear of attic bats.

Blue room is finally gone:




 See how late I worked?
 New kitchen backsplash in progress. We went with subway tile and I love it.
 Also cleaned upstairs bath and accessorized:





No comments:

Post a Comment