Tuesday, December 11, 2012

On this Day December 11, 2012

Big things happened in the world today.

President Obama recognized Syrian opposition.

It was decided Martin Luther King's paraphrased quote, "I was a drum major for justice, peace and righteousness." would be removed from his memorial because author and poet Maya Angelou said it made him sound arrogant. 

His full quote was: 

"If you want to say that I was a drum major, say that I was a drum major for justice. Say that I was a drum major for peace. I was a drum major for righteousness. And all of the other shallow things will not matter."

And just when you think the monumental moments can't get anymore monumental they do.

On this day of December 11, 2012, Jack Kyle Peckinpaugh took his first steps (on his hands and knees).

As Family Fued hummed quietly in the background Jack Peckinpaugh huffed and he puffed and he moaned and he groaned and he crawled right over to his Daddy's boot just minutes before bedtime. He looked at me and I swear he mouthed the words, "Mom, I want you to be the very first one to witness this because tomorrow it's game on and there's no turning back."

Here is the video to prove it:




It doesn't get any better than that, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment