Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Space Aged Washer and Dry and Nickel Shy of a Caffeine High

You know how it's the middle of the day and the bags under your eyes have puffed up like marshmellows in the microwave and you're on the verge of tears not because you're sad, but because you are tired. So you shove $1.25 into a pop machine you never visit and hit the Diet Mountain Dew button so hard only to realize a Diet Mountain Dew is $1.30 and why would you have an extra nickel floating around in a purse that is probably giving you lifelong back problems because it's so heavy? But, no, there is no nickel in there or dime or any other silver item that will retrieve the caffeine packed pop. So you give the machine a little kick, slap your face a few times and carry on about your day like the life rockstar you are. Keep Calm, Carry on. Right?

I had a day like that so I'm going to bed soon...just after I update you on the house progress.

Bathroom number two renovation has begun. We like the upstairs so much we carried the theme downstairs:

  I love the tile to marble to tile look. So many textures, but the colors blend.

So the pictures aren't in order. Neither is life.

And this happened today. 

I bought this:
Well, I bought two of them. A space aged washer and dryer I swore I'd never own. And although I was probably sleepwalking when I purchased it (used of course) something cool happened. I negotiated it down to my budget (of course) and I convinced them to deliver it for free and hook it up and give me a 60 day warranty and buy our unsold dishwasher from us. That's kinda cool, huh?

Yes, yes it is. Perhaps it was life saying, you may not win at the pop machine, but you'll win at the space aged washer machine. 

Do you feel the depth of this delirious state? Good night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment