Saturday, December 29, 2012

Snow Forts, Pee Pants And Countertops

Today we drove and I told you about the snow. I told you that we are blessed to live in Indiana because we get four seasons. I told you that my brother and I used to build snow forts to protect ourselves from the bad kids across the street who would knock down our forts the minute we had to run inside for a bathroom break.


But guess what, we rebuilt those forts over and over and over again until the bad kids got bored with knocking them down. And at the end of the day my brother and I felt accomplished like we out out smarted those kids. Like for one day, we were stronger then those kids who had the nerve to knock down our snow forts.

You may not always be the biggest and strongest kid, but if you use your brain you may just be surprised by your strength.

This is where I grew up and built snow forts. 


It was an old house just like your house. I loved that house. I still love that house. This is where you will grow up and build snow forts:

I told you about the time I had a snow suit on and saw a big dog who scared me and peed my pants in my snow suit. I ran home smelling like pee crying to my mom because there was a big dog who made me pee my pants when I was eleven and far to old to pee my pants. She calmly helped me get out of my pee pants, made me hot chocolate and patted my head as I fell asleep on her lap. 


Sometimes things happen. I will always be here to get you out of your pee pants and pat your little head.

I told you we are blessed. To have found this house. To have gotten such a great deal on it. To be able to renovate it so we don't have to live in saw dust.

We are blessed. 

Here are more pictures of the countertops. Your Dad is working on the backsplash today. One day he will teach you how to do these kinds of things if it interests you.  










No comments:

Post a Comment