I love throwing a good DIY party on a budget.
Food: DIY (with a little help from a local cupcake shop)
In order of guest popularity:
- S'mores on a stick-chocolate covered marshmallows dipped in crushed up graham crackers
- Put marshmallows on stick, dip in melted chocolate (candy melt brand), let excess chocolate drip off, dip in crushed up graham crackers, place on plate.
- Chocolate covered strawberries
- Star shaped PB&J sandwiches
- Trail mix bowls
- Flying cupcakes-3 flavors
- "Bug Juice"-watered down lime green sports drink
- Pretzel sticks, goldfish
- Shrimp tray
- Carrots and celery with dip
- Caramel dipped apple bites
- BBQ cocktail weenies
- Dirt pudding with gummy worms at the bottom (Jack loved to help put the gummy worms in the jars)
Time: 2:30p-4:30p on a sunny Saturday afternoon
Craft: Parsley and basil potted plats with paint to decorate the pots
Wood necklaces to decorate with paint and markers
Favors: S'more bags to go.
Decorations: Hand me down moss, pine cones, lantern(purchased on Target clearance), tree platters, birch tree straws, handmade place cards (card stock paper). Jack's favorite color is green. Can you tell?
Here are the pictures to tell the rest of the story: