Thursday, December 13, 2012

Hello Hardwoods

Just when you think you aren't making any progress, progress is made starting with my favorite progress...they ripped up that terrible blue carpet that was hiding beautiful hardwood stairs.

I cannot believe somewhere along the line someone thought...I should pay to have carpet put on these stunningly beautiful and wide hardwood stairs. Whhhaaaaaatttttt??

See the discoloration? That will disappear tomorrow when they sand and re-stain. 

Here are the before pics of the floors pre-re-finished:

Oh, it's going to look so nice.

And they started demoing the second bathroom. When Kyle gave the guys the green light you may have thought they had just won a million dollars. They took out their hammers and the went to town on that bathroom. I had a hard time not asking if I could have just one swing.

It took seconds to get to this point. Seconds.

And then there was this. You didn't think it would go perfectly did you? 
What's that you ask? That's wood rot because there was no other way to get to the pipes then through the floor which led us here to these beautiful rotting boards over...the crawl space (Thank you, God) so the fix is pretty minor really. Replace the boards, clean the crawl space.

And like I said to myself on the way home tonight.

"I'd rather find it now than fall through the floor."

Right?

Here are some other progress pics:

The attic...they're going to fix that right?

My second closet in the attic:

 Because I simply can't get enough of this space:
 I just like this shot:


 Crown up in kitchen.

And here's Jack crawling tonight because he's on old pro:





No comments:

Post a Comment