Sunday, December 30, 2012

2 Years

As I thought about the ways I wanted to express my love to you on our second wedding anniversary, I didn't think I'd end up here. But I'm here and there's a reason for it.

The love I have for you is worthy of public recognition. It's a shout it from the Empire State Building kind of love. It's a make it known because our marriage is sacred and I will take anyone down who attempts to mess with it kind of love. It's a love I want people to know about.

So that's why I'm here on this public forum shouting out my love for you.

The love I have for you is the kind of love I will take to my grave but at the same time makes me insanely of afraid of death because I can't stand the thought of being without you. The love I have for you is a movie on fast forward full of moments I constantly review in my head.

Like the first time you took my hand while we were walking down the hallway at my old apartment and you told me you felt like a kid again. Or when you told me the names of your fish were Onward, Upward and Pete. Or when we sat on your balcony and drank coffee and stared at the cars buzzing by on 465. Or how after one of the most emotionally draining weekends of my life, I came home to a completely renovated master bedroom and you looked at me and said you wanted me to have a calm place to go. It's that kind of love. It's the love where you and I sat on the back patio for an entire day once talking about our life goals and dreams. It's a love that challenges me, inspires me, and scares me.

The love I have for you may not make itself known every day, but it's there and it's deep and ironically it hurts because I've lost complete control of that emotion. The love I have for you is evolving and growing and constantly changing like when I hear you and Jack laughing at 6:30 in the morning or when I see you spinning him around in the living room. And just when I think I couldn't love you more, those moments make it grow.

So, honey, on our two year wedding anniversary, I'm letting the world know you have and always will be the love of my life.






No comments:

Post a Comment