Sunday, January 13, 2013

Where's the Fast Forward Button?

It's moving week.

Here's how I feel about that...if there was a remote for life and I got one chance to hit fast forward, I would take that chance right about now. I would simply hit the button be moved in. I am of the lucky few who could move a little at a time since we had no hard deadline, however, the thought of large men asking me questions about what goes where and what goes there makes break out in hives.

And I'm really not looking forward to seeing what's behind the couches after 5 years of dogs. Nope, I'm not looking forward to that at all.

It's moving week and as I look around the house I can't help but feel I haven't accomplished anything because my accomplishments were hiding in drawers and cabinets, in nooks and crannies. You know the typical "Junk Drawer" in the kitchen that you're constantly wanting to eliminate. Well, we had about five of those in the laundry room, the bathroom, the kitchen of course.

And I've eliminated them. It's nice. It's refreshing to start over. We should do it every five years even if we don't move. Or if we're really smart we'll do it once a week.

Simplify.

It's always been a goal of mine. I've always like the idea that if someone said Indiana was going to be under water next week (because this will never happen) and we needed to pack up and get out, I could grab a few boxes and we'd be all set. There is something quite refreshing about that.

Just as long as I had my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment