Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Easiest DIY PROJECT EVER

Chalkboard frames. They're hot right now, but the price tags are a little laughable. $45, $65, $80. Over the past few months I stop at every chalkboard frame I see, but I can't bring myself to pay that asking price because deep down I know I can make it myself...

FOR TWO WHOPPING DOLLARS.

I told you we were on a recycling binge. We had a white frame in our old master with a picture of Italy. It may be a year or two before we make it to Italy so I decided to ditch the picture and recycle the frame.

Frames have these great things called backs. The project is simple. Paint the cardboard or back. Ditch the glass and hang. The chalkboard paint if from Lowes for $14 which is where I came up with $2. I probably only used about 50 cents worth.

If you're buying a new frame I'd recommend buying a frame with the wooden back, but the cardboard worked fine too. I did two coats, but I may recommend three.

Hardest part of this project: waiting for the paint to dry.







No comments:

Post a Comment