Monday, January 28, 2013

Brainwash

Today you were crawling across the floor and my brain did something a little strange. It reverted back to you being a baby unable to crawl or roll or stand or eat real food or take your socks off or take your pants off or carry a diaper (a clean one) in your mouth or do pretty much anything without the assistance from me, your mom.

Today I disappeared back to new baby land. And I must admit a tiny piece of my heart broke off. Cue the recent 10,000 pictures on facebook of brand new sweet little babies.

In two months, they tell me you won't be a "baby" anymore, but I challenge this theory. You will always be "my baby." Yes, you may no longer be sucking on pacifiers (fingers crossed) or needing me to hold your bottle or wake up with you at 3 am just so you know I'm there, I'm close. You may not be a baby by the definition of doctors, but you are my baby. You always will be.

The last week has been a little crazy, a little unpredictable, a little bit of everything really, but dang when I'm sitting there with you watching you crawl across your room thinking about where you were just a few months ago, the world feels pretty right. Can't argue with the world when it's feeling so write (yes this misspelling is intentional for all you copy editors out there).

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment