Saturday, January 26, 2013

Edible Art and Random Thoughts

This one is going to be random. I have some catching up to do.

I had a really good lunch this week at Devour Downtown Capital Grill. Just check out this art.
In the morning when I walk into Jack's room he pops his head up, smiles at me with one eye open and then reaches his tiny little arms out to me. This is the equivalent to taking a shot of espresso. It's my happy pill. I pull him into my arms and squeeze him so tight I am still worried he may stop breathing. It is especially amazing on Saturday mornings because I know it means two full uninterrupted days with him and me exploring the world. Sunday mornings are almost as good.

My fabric arrived in the mail yesterday and I can see why crafty people become craft junkies. As I opened up the box and ran my hands over the fabric I was in awe. It was ten times more beautiful then I expected. I immediately began covering everything in my house with it as my imagination ran wild.


I get it, you crafting freaks of nature. I get it.

Jack has been awfully needy lately...needy of Kyle and me cuddle time. The house was a little cold Friday morning so the three of us pulled layers and layers of covers over us and snuggled into bed. He looked back and forth studying our faces and I just knew this was the happiest most magical place that little boy could ever be...tucked  in between the two people he loved this most. Mom & Dad.

What's that parenting style called again? Attachment parenting. Oh, yes. I'm starting to understand that too (minus the breastfeeding part).

I fall in love with this house a little more everyday. Sometimes I walk from Jack's room all the way to the basement just because I love having the extra place to go. There are so many layers to this house with the full basement and attic. I can't wait to add the outside to that layer. I have a serious obsession with the kitchen. I put the lights on different levels of dim just to stare at it before I go to bed every night. Well, done, husband. You may finally have a dinner on the table kinda wife. Wait a minute...was that your plan all along? Nice move.

I'm really really really happy. And I'm going to stay that way for I don't know...the rest of my life. Yep. I'm going to stay that way. Amazing how much joy making one little choice can bring you. Be. Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment