Sunday, January 20, 2013

This is the Beginning of Something Great

So this thing happened. We packed up the old house and we moved into the new house. After a few times of rearranging the living room furniture, we have it right. It feels like...what's the word for it...oh, yes.

It feels like home.

The smile has been plastered to my face since Friday. Best part? I can see the stars from the master bedroom window while I'm laying down. We're in the middle of the city and I can see the stars.

And I was worried about Jack adjusting. He woke up Saturday morning beaming. He began sprint crawling around his room which is rather large compared to his old humble abode. I'm sure a few new (Christmas) toys helped a little. But he seriously loves it here.

It's the dogs who have surprised me. It's like they are just waiting for me to take them home (the old home) which I may do just to appease them. Myles came inside the new house and went straight to the basement which he loved because it's cool. Johnny has just been prancing around or reclaiming his corner of the couch. The fenced in part of the yard is a fraction of the size of their old yard so that probably doesn't help much, but they'll adjust. They always do.

Speaking of dogs, I've seen about 1,700 since we moved here. It's a very active area which I love. I simply cannot wait for spring. And the people. They are so friendly. I barely had the car parked when our neighbor walked over with a tray of appetizers.

Here are pics taken late on move in day.

 Jack really excited the night before moving day.
 Old empty house.
 Awesome closet moving boxes. Highly recommend.
 There she is.
 It looks so big and empty.
 Florida oranges from the best Gram in the universe.
 And my Grandpa's antique table he refinished paired with some modern chairs.
 Check out that detail.

 Nook will be a great place to feed Mr.
 As you can see, Myles won't leave my side.

 Beverage center gets a work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment