Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Sunset

Tonight we watched the sunset. Shades of pink and yellow and orange and purple ate the sky. I told you I have always loved sunsets because I like how the darkness swallows the world in one swift gulp. I like being tucked away under my blanket as the blackness shines through the windows.
I like the dark. I think more clearly in the dark.

I told you maybe it could be our thing...the sunsets. Maybe we could count on watching them together like some families count on eating dinner together every night. Maybe our thing could be the sunset. You seemed agreeable to this idea.

I told you about the places we could go and watch the sunset...like Florida to visit Grandma and Grandpa who would one day live there full time. And California...because the sunsets there are unlike any I have seen. Or maybe just maybe we could see the sunset in Italy one day.



The sunset...maybe that can be our thing and one day when you grow up and leave our home you can watch the sunset and think of me, your mom who loved the sunset.
Maybe that can be our thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment