Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Best Day

Of all the days I've gone to the house, this is the most excited I've been. The cleaners came this morning  which means the real construction has wrapped which means we may actually get to move in soon. Refinishing floors means one thing: a lot of saw dust so they only had enough time to wipe down all of the rooms and de-sawdust the place (sans floors).

Any recommendations floor cleaner for real hardwoods? So far I've been told a bucket, a mop and some water, but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick with the sawdust.

If you couldn't tell I'm pretty obsessed with these glass built-ins. I've been pondering what to put in them and decided for now I'll display our wedding china. I'm sure the items will change quite frequently sort of like the display cases at school minus the trophies and pictures of pre-teen girls.

And I'm celebrating this small life victory. Just before I pumped gas for $3.39 I glanced down the road and saw this sign for $3.07. Looks like Thorntons didn't get the memo in time. Thanks, Thorntons. I just realized you have an N in your name. I've been calling you Thorton's for years.
No thanks, Walmart.

Oh, I got stuck in an elevator today and all I could do was laugh at the irony of the situation...stuck in an elevator. How cliche. Yes, I pushed the help button. Yes, someone rescued me. 

And I saw an offer for 5% off today. 5%? Someone wasn't doing their job when they allowed that ad to go into print. No one is going to get out of their seat for 5%. No one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment