Monday, January 21, 2013

Recycle, Reuse, Reuse

After a kitchen renovation and two bathrooms, my "Decorating Budget" is a little on the dry side. So I'm on a mission to reuse starting with my throw pillows. I have a bit of an obsession with throw pillows. If I see a pretty throw pillow I  stop dead in my tracks. And then I remind myself I have 20 pretty throw pillows and they need love too so I refrain.

The new house is awesome. It really is. I'll get into that later, but it's lacking color. After much debateI did something a little out of character today. Instead of buying new pillows, I bought fabric to make no sew pillow covers. This could get pretty interesting. I'm somewhat artistic, but I'm not very patient which is why I'm trying the no sew technique.

This is the fabric I chose:


Then I did something really crazy and decided to buy this fabric to try to make a no sew ottoman slip cover. We have four awesome ottomans, but the pattern is painfully boring. We'll see how it goes. 





No comments:

Post a Comment