Wednesday, November 21, 2012

This is What Keeps Me Up At Night

Before I leave any meeting I always ask one question...What's keeping you up at night? I've received a variety of answers. Some of these problems I can solve. Some of them I can't. That's usually when I learn the most about my clients and when I get my best marketing challenges. How can I help my clients sleep a little easier when it comes to business?

Unfortunately I'm not sleeping so well myself and it's not because of Jack. He's been perfect. It's because I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT THE THINGS I WANT TO DO TO THIS HOUSE.

Tonight my obsession is what to display in these shelves. I love these shelves because I am obsessive about decorating and changing and moving decorations every year. It's an expensive hobby, but my revised goal is to do it on the cheap so I've given myself a budget of $100 here. Sorry, honey.

Here are the shelves on display for the world to see:

Here is my idea tonight. When thinking about times in life I have been at my most calm state, it always involves the years I drank tea. Strange, I know, but there is something refreshingly calming about sitting at the table on a Sunday morning flipping through the paper with a hot cup of tea in hand. So tonight I'd like to find some very cool teapots to put here. No, not your Granny's tea pots, but your Anthropologie style teapots. Yes, you know the ones that cost you $280 and you regret instantly. 

Like these...Crate&Barrels 50th anniversary teapots available for the ripe price of $200. A PIECE. Aren't they pretty?



If you bump into me at Goodwill, chances are I'm probably shopping for teapots. 

I only need 6 white decorative teapots for around $15 a piece. I'll put mismatched china in the center thanks to the inspiration of my dear friend's vintage barn wedding. That'll surely get me through 2013 until I'm ready for a change. 

Did I mention how much I love the glass shelves? I do. I really love them. My teapots will too. Goodnight and Happy Thanksgiving. 


No comments:

Post a Comment