Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Our Little Black Friday Kitchen

Tonight we found our kitchen.

We didn't really touch anything in the kitchen, but we did take some serious advantage of Black Friday deals. 

After staring at refrigerators for so long, they all begin to look the same. And then this touch screen option at an $800 discount jumps off the wall and begs you to take it home. So you do. 

Stainless steel is great, however, it is not magnetized. Have no fear, this GE 2012 Profile allows you to upload pictures onto the screen. Absurd, right? We actually bought it because it has an water pitcher auto fill option. No, we bought it because it looks nice with our stove...

The stove. I'm nervous about this. Kyle's only request was to find a slide in range without a back and completely stainless steel. So I found one...in Fort Wayne...with a small dent on the side. And I saved another $1,500. Now we have to figure a way to get this out of my parent's third car garage and into our new home.

Here is the stove:
Hope it cooks as pretty as it looks. 

The dishwasher...who cares? This wasn't really a priority for us. Found this GE Adora on sale at Home Depot for $599. Hope it actually cleans the dishes. 
And the countertops. I'm surprised. I thought I was going to choose the all white look for the kitchen and then I fell in love with these. It's a little hard to see, but these are Venetian Gold Granite countertops. This is not our kitchen. I tagged it on Houzz because I love the bench at the window and the countertops. 

Kitchen renovation savings:
Refrigerator: 2012 GE Profile-$800 SAVINGS-Home Depot Black Friday
Dishwasher: GE Adora-$350 SAVINGS-Home Depot Black Friday
Range: GE Cafe-$1,500 SAVINGS-Vans Appliance Outlet-Fort Wayne
Granite: Venetian Gold-$900 SAVINGS-Halfoffgranite.com (Going to get another estimate tomorrow)

Total savings to date:
$3,550




No comments:

Post a Comment