Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Renovations have begun...

Renovations have begun.

I'm daydreaming about bathrooms and the kitchen because that's where the people go. How many times has someone come over and asked to use the bathroom and then asked for a glass of water? It's important.

He is thinking about the basement first out of fear he'll never return to the basement if he doesn't start there first. Completely logical although I have this deep fear something will happen to him down there in that basement. I'm thinking about purchasing the "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up device." Wonder if they'll have a Black Friday Deal on that.

Friday night we pulled up linoleum flooring in the upstairs bathroom to reveal original tile underneath. It was beautiful, it was exciting... and then we got the the toilet. It was pretty obvious why someone attempted to cover the floor.

Before:
During:


After. Bye, bye, linoleum.

Love the original tile. Hate the makeshift fill/patch job. Looks like we need to add a bathroom retile to the list. Tile work is something I feel I may excel at between the hours of 7:30 pm and 7:30 am after Jack has gone down for the night.

I have a feeling that's how the renovations will go. Uncover the old and attempt to restore the look without damaging the integrity. The more I study the bathroom, the more I like the style of it. Built in storage shelves, tile on the walls. This is how bathrooms were built with true craftsmanship.

Originally, I thought we really needed to replace that pedestal sink, but then I learned they were a thing of the 20's so maybe we should keep the look.

I like this from pottery barn. $499 is a little much for a sink.


I also love this from craigslist $115. Granite is chipped, but we may be able to  repair. Isn't it beautiful? This doesn't work in the upstairs bathroom, but it would be beautiful in the downstairs bath, don't you think?

Downstairs bath. You need some real work. I can't stand going inside of you. The toilet is against the wrong wall. The shelves belong in a closet. The flooring doesn't make sense. You're all wrong and I can't wait to get my hands on you.  


No comments:

Post a Comment