Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Not a Clorox Mom

Dear Jack,

I'm not the most organized mommy. You may wake up to find your nursery looking like a small tornado hit it. You may have towels and onesies and occasionally a wet diaper laying around. Your bottles may have fingerprints on them and your bathtub may not always be sparkling white. I'm not exactly a neat freak, but here is my promise to you...

If it is raining outside and you have been trapped in doors for hours, I will put on a hooded sweatshirt and jump in the puddles with you. If our backyard is covered in mud, I will let you run through it. If all you ever dreamed about was going fishing in the middle of a river with all kinds of creepy crawlers swimming around, I will join you.

I will let you be a kid and I won't get mad when you've ruined your brand new outfit or when you draw all over our freshly painted walls. Of course, I won't encourage it, but I will let you be a kid. I will let you make mistakes and I'll guide you, but I won't stop you from being you.

So, yes, I may not have a calendar hanging with the next 4 months of dinner written down and your pants may not be perfectly folded in the drawer. You may show up at school with a mismatched outfit and mismatched socks. I may not be the most perfectly put together mom, but man am I excited to be your mom and sometimes be a kid with you.



1 comment: