Monday, November 12, 2012

Just Your Average Monday

Tonight I put you in your highchair for the very first time (I know, I know) and you squealed. You had never been up so high. You watched me move through the kitchen as I prepared your nutrient packed sweet potatoes and our not so nutrient packed pizza.

You pounded your hands on the tray begging me to feed you. And I did. I handed you a baby mum to keep you busy and I watched you pick it up and feed yourself like you were an old pro. I sat next to you with a stuffed bear dressed as a pumpkin because it was the first toy I found and made up a little play.

You watched with intensity. And then I told you the news.

"We're going to move soon. Life will be a little crazy for just a little while, but it will calm down soon."

You tilted your head as if you understand the words "Life will be a little crazy."

Yes, it's true. Life is going to get crazy, but I'm going to do my absolute best to stay tuned into you, my priority. I will make sure you have everything you need and I will work long into the night so it doesn't affect our time together. This is my promise to you. I wrote it down. I signed it. It's there.

Moving will come second to you, sweet boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment