Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Bathroom Gone

Warning, these pictures aren't pretty. They aren't even cute. They are pretty ugly and down right scary, but if I'm going to show the true renovation of this house, I have to show the in between stages thanks to my husband who got pictures.

They demoed the upstairs bathroom today. I felt a true range of emotions.

1. Sad. That bathroom was constructed in 1922. I was sad to watch it go. The old tiles were picked out by the original owners and although they are cracked and green, they are still beautiful to me.

2. Scared. Were they really going to be able to pick up the pieces and put it back together?

3. Overwhelmed. Just overwhelmed.

4. Relieved. I'm so glad we didn't attempt to do this project ourselves. We may have killed each other.

4. Excited. Man, it's going to look good when it's done.

5. Scared again. What if I made the wrong choices when picking out tile? I don't want to have to watch them do this agin.

Here you go...

Before:






Sidenote...remember that old creepy basement? Look what a lot of paint and a handy husband can do:

Before:



Middle stage:










No comments:

Post a Comment