Thursday, November 29, 2012

How About a Bath On Our Front Lawn?

A wise man or two or three once warned me to take our home improvement budget and double it because you don't know what you're in for until you get started. I laughed it off the first time. And the second time. And the third time. And the fourth, fifth and sixth. And today when I stopped by before my lunch meeting, the contractor looked at me and said: 

"We have a problem."

"Oh, I'll leave," I said turning around and walking back down the stairs. The last thing you want to hear from your contractor is anything about a problem.

Turns out the cement patch was actually covering the area where the toilet used to be. Very strange. The floor wasn't level which means the sub floor needed to be torn up. Oh, and the tub had some damage and if we wanted to replace it we should do it now. 

"So, what does this mean?" I asked. 

"You need a new tub and materials for sub floor," he said. 

Ok, I can handle that. I always wanted a jetted tub anyway, but add another $600 to the budget. I wonder what tomorrow will bring. That Power Ball victory would have really come in handy last night.

What can I say? We bought a fixer upper. It better look real nice when we're done with it!





No comments:

Post a Comment