Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Why Spend Your Money Where Your Son Poos?

I just ate the best portobello burger. I wish I knew the name of the brand, but it's Tuesday which means I am too exhausted to walk down a flight of stairs and check it out. It came in a white bag with a catchy design and I got it at Target. That's all I remember at the moment. Yes, packaging does influence buyers especially when they work in advertising. 

Tomorrow I start quest to find the best veggie burger on the planet so stay tuned for that. So far The Ram in Chicago has the best veggie burger I've ever tasted. Runner up goes to our neighborhood cafe called Cafe Audrey. And then the burger I had tonight. This blog, however, has nothing to do with veggie burgers. 

Random, I know. Such is life.

This blog is going to be a list of baby products I can't live without which has changed a lot from my previous blog about baby products I couldn't live with out. My point being, don't waste a lot of money on items that last a few months. Invest in the basics.

Jack is 5.5 months and here are the things we simply could not live without.

A crib. Silly, I know. But this reinforces the point, you don't need a lot of crap as long as the baby has a place to rest his or her head, you will survive. 

Diapers. Once again, reinforcing my point. We started buying Pampers until my friend made a brilliant point. Why would I spend my money where my son poops and pees? Very true, very true. We are now buying Luvs. 
Bottles. We like the Playtex bottles with the plastic disposable inserts even though I feel super guilty every time I throw them away. You can't be perfect. Feel free to judge me.

Some beat up onesies. You don't need to spend money on clothes especially if you're having a boy. People will buy you things and you will probably only get a chance to dress your baby in half of them. For example, this adorable linen outfit, he got to wear it once. 
The swing. The swing is still king in our house. 
A jumparoo. Jack loves it. I happened to get it from a guy who was attempting to drop it off at Goodwill. Ask your friends. Don't throw your money away here.
A bumbo seat. For some reason this seat helps him poo. Too much information, I know. There was a recall here. Babies were falling off counters. Hmmmm, I wonder who is to blame for that one. 

Scout glow/sleep toy. I picked this up on impulse at Marshall's and Jack LOVES it. WIN. I even caught him pushing the button himself tonight. I realize this was an accident, but I'm going to go ahead and say it. He's a genius. It plays 10 minutes of lullabies and glows to the beat.  






No comments:

Post a Comment