Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Target Crack

I tore Target up tonight and by tore it up, I literally mean I ripped things from the shelves in a haste trying to figure out my Target coupon strategy. My strategy for this trip was a quick stop on out krazycouponlady.com and a glance at the coupon section of target.com. Electronic coupons are pretty much the best creation since peanut butter.

With that said, I'm beginning to understand why JC Penny implemented their new no coupon strategy. I was sweating by the time I got to the register. I may not have dominated my first major Target coupon trip, but I sure will have a house that smells of pumpkin and a baby eating well.

I spent $39 on all this:
  • 2 baby bottles
  • 2 boxes of cheerios
  • 5 squeeze organic baby foods 
  • 3 boxes of Kashi protein bars
  • One cute cardigan
  • 4 bags of frozen veggies
  • Portobello mushroom burgers
  • 3 Glade refills-seasonal pumpkin scent
  • Prune juice-for the baby, people
  • Baby food bowls 
  • Hershey Simple Pleasures chocolates-this was impulse
  • 3 Uncle bens rice bowls 
  • 1 cute baby
I estimate my savings to be $43. Not bad, not bad, but I wasn't walking out of Target clicking my heels. I think the problem may be the fact that Target is like crack for me. The minute I set foot in Target, I begin salivating. The clothes. The accessories. The baby stuff. There are shiny objects everywhere and I usually don't leave Target spending less than $75. At least I only spent $39. Baby steps, baby steps.


No comments:

Post a Comment