Tuesday, September 25, 2012

This Blog is About Carrots


This blog is about carrots. If you’re not interested in carrots, you may want to leave now. Carrots. Carrots. Carrots. This blog is about carrots.

You ate your first real food last night. Carrots. It did not go well in the beginning. You looked at me like I was a traitor. How could I torture you with such a food, these carrots? You gagged. You did your spooky little shutter. You spit them all my work clothes. (Hey, it was Monday, I was too tired to change).



Carrots. You hated them in the beginning. Your brilliant dad stepped in.

“Why don’t you mix the carrots with the rice cereal and milk and give him smaller bites? He’s just a little guy.”

Insert large carrot in mouth here. Dad to the rescue again.




Upon this new blend of rice cereal, carrots and breast milk, we tried our third bite of carrots and you sighed deeply. That’s better. And then it happened. You went to town on those carrots. You ate like the eating champion you are, the eating champion I knew you would be. You ate like your mama. I’m proud of your little pallet and I hope you continue to expand it.

Here is the beautiful thing about those carrots. I was doing my Monday Super Market Sweep Dash yesterday after work just to stock up on carrots and BAM. There was a sale ON CARROTS. Apparently Aldi has a vegetable of the week.


You know those moments when life aligns perfectly and you have to smile? That was one of those moments. Carrots were on sale for 59 cents and I had it in my head, you’re first food would be carrots. I’m sure the folks at Aldi were curious when I dumped 5 bags of baby carrots on the conveyer belt, but my total was $4.46 (I got bananas too) and I was feeling pretty good after that trip.

What a beautiful week for carrots. So, how did I prepare the carrots?

There is a secret little device called the Baby Brezza only your true mom friends will tell you about. You cut the baby carrots in half, you dump them into the device and within 15 minutes the device steams and blends the carrots.


It’s amazing especially when your parents treat you to the device as an early Christmas present. I realize $99 at Target could have bought me 99 containers of baby food, but I like the idea of pure. It excites me. 

Last night I made 4 feedings from one 59 cent bag of carrots. What was my only mistake? I didn’t buy MORE CARROTS. I have this funny feeling my husband may have to put up with puree for dinner until my obsession with this device subsides. I'll do a full product review later. 

Don't say I didn't warn you. This blog was about carrots.

Side note-Day 2 he devoured those carrots like it was nobody's business. Don't give up!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment