Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Jack and the Ladies

You are five months old and you hate wearing clothes. I feel the need to document this because you will only be five months old once. And I kinda admire the fact you hate wearing clothes. I kinda admire that it's socially acceptable for you to not wear clothes.

When I picked you up tonight you were sitting in a little circle surrounded by 3 girls. You were smiling so big.

"Oh look, it's Jack and the ladies," I said to you.

You looked up at me with these intense eyes as if to tell me I was ruining your moment with the ladies and to come back later. It was classic Jack. It was awesome. I picked you up and the bumbo chair stuck to your butt because you had a diaper full of poo and I had a hard time not looking at the ladies and saying,

"Back down, ladies, this baby has a diaper full of poo," just to embarrass you a little.

I stripped your clothes off, changed your diaper and put you in your car seat without any clothes on. You loved it and giggled to say thanks for admiring your wishes to be naked, just the way God made you.

Picking you up is the best moment of my day next to seeing you for the first time in the morning, and bath time when it's just you staring at me like I'm the only person in the world.

Motherhood is the absolute best. And for the people who constantly tell me the "Just wait because it gets harder and I have no idea what I'm in for..." I say my standard response for unwanted opinions...

I'll take that into consideration. Thanks.





1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post, Erin. You have a way with words. I feel most people should say, "Just wait, it gets even better!" because unbelievable as it seems, it does...at least from my new mom perspective:) Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete