Sunday, January 29, 2012

Free is the Secret Word

     Big things are happening in Indianapolis. The Super Bowl is a week away. Celebrities are checking into to hotels. The national media has arrived. And the savings at CVS couldn't be better.
     Free has become my new favorite word. CVS paid me 3 cents to buy these cards:
     How did I do it? This week's ad boasts "buy 3 American Greeting cards and get 3 extra care bucks." The secret is to find cards for under a dollar. These cards were 99 cents. There are 40-50 cards to choose from. What are you waiting for? Ironically, the minute I stepped outside, a massive gust of wind blew one of my free cards across the parking lot. You'd better believe, my 8 month pregnant self chased that card down. I got paid good money to buy that card. 
     Likewise, I got my favorite bronzer for free:
    This organic based make-up is $11.99 at CVS. If you spend $10 on any item from the Physician's Formula line, you get $7 back. I got an additional $5 of Extra Care bucks because I reached my $50 Beauty Bucks spending goal. FREE.
    This soap was free:
    These diapers were free:
These kleenex were free:
This milk was free:
These wipes were free:
I spent $12 on all of these items:
Are you sick of me yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment