Thursday, January 26, 2012

Did I mention the motivation?

     Our sole motivation for saving money is this kid growing inside of me. He or she has changed everything. Every time I walk by a gorgeous purse or pair of shoes, I have trained my baby to kick me in the ribs. Moving into my 8th month of pregnancy, I'm estimating the savings to be around $400. Good job, baby.
     In all seriousness, we are getting very excited to meet this kid. We took a tour of the hospital last week and I'm actually excited to spend a few days there. I love hotels and the maternity suite reminds me of a hotel.
     The nursery is inches away from being finished. It has been a labor of love. We didn't have much space to work with so I went with a very simple approach. I will post pictures when we get the last touches are hung. I spend a lot of time in the nursery thinking about how amazing it will be when our baby arrives. Work has kept me very preoccupied, but this baby is good at making his or her presence known throughout the day. I love the small reminders. Ironic that I got one right now as I write this.
     Kyle has been incredibly supportive. Sometimes I wonder if he can read my mind because of how well he takes care of me. Yesterday I was tired and stressed about the dishes and I came home to a spotless kitchen. Well played, husband. There hasn't been one cold morning where my car wasn't started. I'm pretty excited to meet this kid myself, but I can't wait to watch him hold the baby for the first time.
     Okay, this is getting sappy which means I'm hormonal and it's time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment