Saturday, February 8, 2014

Picky Toddler

The one department we were not blessed in with our first child: Eating.

I know I'm not alone. I know moms and dads around the globe are staring at vegetable and applesauce covered floors. We can't even count on our dogs to clean it up.

Jack is a very picky eater and by picky I mean I can almost count on one hand the somewhat healthy items he will eat:
  • Chicken Nuggets (At least we buy organic) (most of the time)
  • Fish-you name it he will eat it (as long is it's breaded)
  • Cashews and almonds (choking hazards)
  • Veggie/fruit pouches (when he's in the mood)
  • Greek Yogurt (only if he feeds himself)
  • Peanut butter (straight out of the container)
Today he tried a tiny taste of homemade hummus. Wait for it...vomit. Actual vomit.

Needless to say, I'm on a bit of a quest to retrain this toddler.  

Recently I have been tricking him into drinking this morning smoothie:
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1 full orange
  • 1 small handful of kale
  • 5 oz water
We use the NutriBullet which is on sale this week for $65 on walmart.com. Highly recommend this little device. It's quick, gets the pulp out and is easy to clean up. *This is NOT a paid advertisement.

A smoothie-One small victory for picky toddler kind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment