Wednesday, February 19, 2014

This is It

This is exactly where I pictured you growing up surrounded by church bells on Sunday morning and Wednesday evening, running to your friends house and narrowly making it home in time for dinner.

Everything you need is in a 5 block radius with a park and playground close by. Your backyard is huge and ready for dirt, fire pits and camping.

This is where I wanted to raise you. This is where I wanted to take long walks with you because we all know fresh air makes us open up like Spring's first blooms. This is where I pictured us walking together to get the Sunday paper and a cup of coffee when you decide it's time to sip coffee.

This is where I pictured you coming home to when you had to go away to college. I pictured you coming to this house, walking up the creaky old squares to your bedroom covered in trophies of your favorite sport or show choir or poetry or artwork.

This is where I pictured you growing up because although it's in a much bigger city, it's exactly like where I grew up.

No comments:

Post a Comment