Wednesday, May 29, 2013

First Steps

First steps.

We take our first step onto the bus full of fear and unknown, but somehow we make it. We take our first step into high school full of more fear and we make it again. And college. And our first job and perhaps down the aisle on our wedding day.

First steps. They don't seem to get any easier as we age especially as we sit curbside watching our flesh and blood take their own very first steps.

Jack is wa-wa-wa-walking. Every time I catch him in the act, I jump because it doesn't feel right to have such a little person standing on two feet (although I have somewhat nervously waited for this day to happen for two months now.)

First steps. He is walking. It is happening. His complete independence of me is over. Before I know it he'll be 18. Right? Isn't that what they keep telling me? Now if I can only teach him how to change his own diaper.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment