Sunday, May 5, 2013

A Thirsty Sunday

It rained all day, just a light rain as if the earth had just taken a short run and was only half thirsty. It rained so we went to the art museum and we took a walk in the rain. The minute I took you out of the car you squealed as the light mist drizzled your face. You threw one arm into the air and you smiled at me which still triggers small adrenaline shots through my entire body.

I told you this was my favorite place in Indianapolis, that it's a little different every time I come, that it's a place you can go in the middle of the day and if you're really lucky, you may just be the only one there in the middle of the day and you can pretend you live here.

Some day when it rains, you and I will go for a run and if we're really lucky, we'll be the only ones brave enough to venture outside in the rain. And it will be just us...you and me running through the streets as the rain thanks us for coming out to play.

The rain has always inspired me. Just look at the way it paints the world green.


























No comments:

Post a Comment