Sunday, February 3, 2013

Tomorrow A New Adventure Begins

You're very respectful of boundaries. You're confident with each decision you make, but you are constantly seeking approval.

This is good, I think.

We have been in the new house for two weeks. Tomorrow you start at a new "school." I call it school because daycare feels so, I don't know, so formal. I'm torn. I know it will be a great environment because I have to trust my initial gut feeling, but I'm really going to miss Connie. I trusted her with every ounce of my mom instinct. She knows you well. You like her.

I'm trying to remain calm and trusting of myself, but this is the single biggest most important decision. If this is wrong, everything is wrong so there is a lot of weight here. This one is pretty heavy.

When I'm faced with moments like this I think back to ever major life change: new jobs, new cities, new relationships, a new baby. It always worked out in the end. Always.

We moved. We have to change child care. It's a fact of life. Time to man up and stand behind it. Save the sob story for another Sunday. Control every receptor in my brain that says WAIT, you can still go back. You don't have to move forward.

Hey, Dad, remember when you told me to choose logic over emotion in business? I'm gonna apply that one here. Ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment