Wednesday, February 13, 2013

5 Baby Items Not to Waste Your Hard Earned Money On

1. Towels-I know, I know they are so darn cute with those little animal hoods. Babies grow fast and those tiny cute towels eventually don't cover their cute little bums. This is a problem when your baby is wet and cold and not interested in PJs. Bath towels are such a great invention for adults and babies. Don't waste your money on baby towels. Spend it on PJs. They need lots of these.

2. Finger tooth brushes-I bought this thinking Jack would get used to a toothbrush. Know what he does the minute I stick my finger in his mouth? He bites me. He bites me hard. This is not an intentional act of violence. He doesn't know it's my finger. But Ouch Charlie it hurts and it's still hurting (throw back). Get a regular toothbrush.

3. Lego blocks...the regular ones. Legos are awesome. Don't you remember playing with them as kids? They are amazing until you step on one at 2 am while you are sleepwalking to your baby. They make soft lego blocks which make more sense for everyone involved.

4. Big loud blinking toys. They are hard for us to resist, but eventually babies aren't really interested in primary colors. They want black and aluminum and metallic objects...the stuff they watch their parents play with. Don't go too crazy with the baby toys. Books are good. They never go out of style.

5. Pretty much anything that is branded as a baby necessity. Look at it. Examine it. Study it. Think long and hard...do they make this same item for adults for half the price? Would it work just as well for a baby? Does my baby really need this to function?

Only speaking from recycled experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment