Tuesday, January 16, 2018

The Perfect Day

Today was perfect. I took an intentional day off to be with you on your day off from school. The sun rising over the backyard while slowly sipping on coffee was beautiful. 
The Uno picnic in the living room was fun despite losing and the blurry picture. You're becoming increasingly difficult to photograph especially when throwing red balloons at my face.
And then a surprise trip to the Children's Museum. On one of those Mother's Day questionnaires, you said your favorite thing to do with me is the Children's Museum. I love the look on your face when you run down the ramp toward the entrance. Purest joy. Ps. You have my cheeks. They are pictured perfectly here and they make me want to smile fuller more often.
 And Paddington 2 at a theater we've never been. You whispered so many times: “this is so good, mommy.” It reminded me of how much you like me fully in tune with what you’re in tune to. I’m still working here. And then this place:
The minute we walked in I felt like two bulls had literally just entered a china shop. I got nervous and asked for a table which was the most delicate round circle made with marble and plated with china and perhaps crystal water glasses. Two young ladies were attempting to enjoy a girls afternoon. We gave each other the eye, stuffed our faces with two overpriced pieces of cake and got OUTTA there giggling the whole way home about how the two of us do not belong in places like that.

We belong in our kitchen stuffing overpriced cake in each other's faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment