Monday, January 15, 2018

5 Records Worth Collecting

Today I caught Jack digging thru records trying to find the matching album of a song he had just heard on Pandora.
Records don't have a skip button. They require work, selection, effort, respect for the artist and for the circular disc. One simple scratch can ruin 4 songs.

I've been building a collection for a few years with the intention of one day handing it to Jack. I've been very selective...quality over quantity.

The Beatles-Abbey Road. Yes, this is so predictable. You know the cover, you know Paul McCartney is barefoot. You know every song on this album. And they are some of the best songs ever written meant for any guest any time.
Vance Joy-We can listen to this on repeat for days. It's kid friendly, it's brilliant. I love it. He has a new album coming out end of February. So far so good.
Joe Pug-Nation of Heat. If ya like Bob Dylan, you're gong to love Joe pug. This album has two of my favorite Joe Pug songs. He's a brilliant storyteller in all forms of the word.
Damien Rice-My Favourite Faded Fantasy. If you don't like slow sad songs, this album is not for you, but when I get an hour alone, this is always it.
Ray Lamontagne-Trouble. 3 of my favorite Ray songs are on this album. He also has a new album due out this spring. His voice...

No comments:

Post a Comment