Monday, April 8, 2013

A Simpler Toddler Life-10 things we couldn't live without

Jack is one-year-old. We have evolved from baby to toddler. I have evolved from new inexperienced mom to older slightly more experienced mom. Yesterday I set off for a belated Easter celebration near Muncie. I walked out of the house with Jack and this tiny backpack.


I've come a long way from the trunk full of baby "necessity" days. As I was glancing at his closet today it occurred to me how little he needs to be happy these days. Here is the short list of things we could not live without:

1. Take & Toss tupperware. They make bowls, sippy cups and silverware. It's so cheap I don't feel guilty if we lose it or leave it behind. We use these all the time.



2. Diapers (one for changing and one for him to play with while changing). After trying almost every brand, we've settled on Luvs. They are made by Pampers but $6-$10 cheaper and smell good.

3.  Baby wipes. (they also work as face wipes if you get the scent free kind).

4. Shoes. These can get a little pricey. Hand me downs and Once Upon a Child has been great here.

5. Legos. They don't get old. I keep them packed up until Jack gets cranky...then out come the legos. All it takes is the sound of the legos falling out of the case and he's entertained again.

6. The emergency pacifier. This allows me to buy 15-20 minutes before the meltdown/mandatory nap time occurs. It's crucial for us.

7. Baby food pouches. I was at an antique festival last weekend and this pouch saved us. They are $1 a piece, but you can buy empty pouches from Target and make your own. Bananas are also great, but pretty messy. When you're in a real pinch, these pouches are great for adults too.



8. Sound machine. Still rocking the sound machine at night.

9. Carseat. We have the Britax marathon. It's great, but still unsure if it's worthy of the price tag.

10. Stroller. Once again went with Britax B Agile. Its one hand collapse is awesome, but I'm not loving the way it handles bumps and the child proof seat belt is ridiculous. We have a Graco Trekko 3 Wheel Classic Connect Stroller down in Florida. Despite that ridiculous long name, I loved this stroller.

No comments:

Post a Comment