Saturday, June 13, 2015

Look For the Sunshine

My Dear Sweet Boy,

It is inevitable. Some days many days from now, it will happen. Harder days will come. And as you sit in your room with your pillow pulled tightly over your head sobbing into a pillow, I want you to believe...

It will be ok.

I want you to fight for a good night's sleep. I want you to eat well. I want you to take care of yourself in these moments. I want you to go outside and stare at a tree and see the beauty. I want you take a walk. And if you need to cry, if you need to show emotion, I want you to do that. I want you to let the salty rainfall pour down your face until there are no tears left.

And I want you to pick up the phone and call me. I promise to listen. I promise not to judge. I promise to keep an open heart and an open mind.

I love you with every ounce of my soul on the good days and the hard days.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment