Saturday, March 21, 2015

No Mushy Gushy Here

Jack,

I'm going to resist the urge to talk about all that mushy gushy mom stuff...

Like how the last 3 years have been the fastest 3 years of my life.

Like how I carry it with me through the whole day when you wake me up at 6:45 with a kiss on the face and a sweet "good morning, mommy."

Like how I caught a glimpse of you flexing your muscles last Tuesday and my heart melted into a million pieces.

Like how you use phrases like "Give me a little privacy" while pooping or "Leave me alone, I'm not playing right now," when you need a minute to yourself.

Like how when you ask me to play with you it's a magnetic reaction to drop what I'm doing and PLAY WITH YOU.

Like how I swear you make the world a little sweeter, you make people a little softer, you make people smile in the midst of what appears to be a stressful day.

Like how you recently jumped into your Grandparents pool without swim wings on and instead of being afraid when you went under the water you came up and said, "That was amazing."

Like how the collection of people around you called family light up the minute they are in your presence.

Like how it's just better with you. It's just better with you, my sweet amazing incredible Jack. It's better.

I'm going to resist the urge to get mushy gushy...

No comments:

Post a Comment