Sunday, March 15, 2015

It's Still Not Done...

This crazy weekend got started early.

Thursday night I carried 7 loads of laundry to the basement.

Friday I went to the grocery store, sorted the laundry, put the dishes away, cleaned a week's worth of dirty dishes, vacuumed, dusted and managed to get to bed by 11 pm.

Saturday I raked wet leaves from the patio and backyard in preparation for your 3-year-old birthday party (just in case the weather is nice). I washed 3 loads of laundry.

Sunday I picked up a winter's worth of dog poop (times 2 dogs) from the backyard. A few times I accidentally touched the poop. I carried heavy furniture from the garage to the patio. I pumped up your stroller tires and bike tires so we could enjoy the first few weeks of Spring the way any soon-to-be 3-year-old should. I threw some frozen chicken in sauce in the crock pot. The crock pot is my best friend these days. I cleaned out a dirty car laughing at each french fry and cheerio I found along the way.

Here's the crazy part.

As I sit here writing this at 9:24 on Sunday night, I'm only on the 5th load of laundry. There is dog hair stuck to all the toys on the floor downstairs even though I vacuumed two days ago. It's still not done. After all that, work, there is still more to be done.

I open my work calendar and it's full of meetings. I can't help but wonder if I will get it all done...

And just as I start to bury my head under a pillow, I remember.

I am blessed to have a washer and dryer and clothes to put in them. Much of the world relies on a river to wash their few articles of clothing.

I am fortunate to have dishes to eat from and a floor to vacuum. Over 100 million people are homeless.

Our backyard has provided room for a garden to eat from and a patio to spend time with friends.

We are so lucky to have a car...two at that.

I am blessed to have a job that is busy and fulfilling and rewarding. 102 million working-age people in the US alone are jobless.

Just as I start to feel a little exhausted, I remember...life is good.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment