Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Our Ocean Voyage to Florida

We are floating on a ship in the middle of the ocean...just you, me and Johnny the Dog. No one else knows we are there so we have to hide anytime we hear someone. Every so often we throw our hands in the air and scream:

"THE SUN! THE SUN! I SEE THE SUN!"

You tell me to be quiet. They will hear us. We giggle so quietly that we are the only two that can hear our tiny giggles. The sun drops and it quickly becomes night.

"Shhhhhh. Go to sleep, mommy," you say.

And I do.

"Twinkle, twinkle, little star," you sing rubbing my back just as we do for you every night.

I almost actually fall asleep.

"A shark!" you scream pointing toward the water. And sure enough, there's a shark. I scream as well.

"Baby, come here. I'll protect you from the sharks," I say as you pretend to bite me.

"I'M THE SHARK!" You declare. Suddenly our journey is over.

"Florida!" you say. "We made it to Florida. We're here, we're here."

And we are in our version of Florida laying on a pile of pillows in our livingroom pretending to be on a ship in the middle of the ocean...just the two of us and Johnny the Dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment