Wednesday, February 11, 2015

There's a Lot of Poop, Butt

If I add up all my hours spent in oversized cardigans tucked away in a quiet coffee shop writing, it's not enough.

If I add the minutes of hearing a new song for the very first time and the way it overtakes my entire body on a long drive just me and the open road, it doesn't come close.

If I think of all the incredible places I've seen for the very first time and the way it sends a rush of adrenaline through my entire body, it's still not the same.

If I count the seconds spent with the gentle wind in my face on a bike ride in Bloomington or a run at the park, it's not quite there.

The old buildings and old art and old music with old people who know more than I think I'll ever cram into my brain...Trees and sunsets and ocean waves and all of my favorite things.

It just doesn't quite get me there...to that moment when you ask me to sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star just one more time, that moment when you look at me like I am your entire universe, like I'm enough...just me, the way I am. None of these things that used to fill me up, fill me like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment