Monday, March 18, 2013

We're Going to Celebrate

The house is quiet. I have started decorating for your first birthday party. You are with your Dad visiting your Grandpa and cousins. I miss you, but it's nice to have a little time to think.

Today I stumbled across a Riley Hospital for Children blog about a mom who was celebrating the fact that her baby girl was cancer free.

Suddenly it hit me.

Here I am with a slightly shattered corner of a heart afraid to let your first year go when there are babies fighting cancer.

So on Sunday, your first birthday, we are going to celebrate...

One year free of major health scares (minus your short lived time with a deflated lung).

We are going to celebrate...

Two people who didn't know the first thing about parenthood becoming parents (Good parents).

We are going to celebrate...

The fact you can now say hi, up, mom, dad, uh-oh and ouch.

We are going to celebrate...

Your caregivers during the week who will never quite understand the value they bring me and my deep gratitude to them.

We are going to celebrate...

Your family. The people coming on Sunday are your family and two of your tiny friends.

We are going to celebrate...

You, Jack. My cup overflows with love for you. It is constant like a stream leading to the ocean. It is so deep it gives me a knot in my throat.

And we're going to keep on celebrating.


No comments:

Post a Comment