Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Dance Like Everyone is Watching

We have started a very very strict routine.

Every morning I walk into your room. And I turn on the music (Now 41-Greatest Hits). You open one eye at a time and stare at me through your crib. And then you stand up. And you dance. You dance and you laugh as I attempt to dance.

I turn up the music louder and put you on the floor and we both dance. The music pours through our souls. We laugh together and we dance.

It's quite possibly the best start to my day. It beats coffee and Starbucks reduced fat turkey bacon sandwiches on Friday mornings..the two of us laughing and dancing together...all the silly insignificant worries melting away as we shake our bodies around the room.

It has quickly become my favorite part of the day...and I've never been a morning person. For a person 5 days shy of 1-year-old, I must admit, you are a truly talented dancer. Must come from the Peckinpaugh side of the family.

 “Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment