Friday, June 8, 2012

Change

     You have changed me. I see the world with 20/20 vision for the very first time. Before you I thought life was defined by success. How high can I climb? How far can I reach? I wanted to leave a big dent on the professional world. I wanted people to know I was there. I worked hard. I succeeded. I still want all of those things, I just want them for different reasons.
     You have taught me to enjoy the simplicity of an unplanned moment with you on my lap smiling at me like I'm the only person in the world and you would be ok if I was the only person in the world (besides your dad of course).
     You have taught me to be softer. To love deeper. You have taught me that life can be made up of bad moments, but they pass quickly and can be forgotten faster if you choose to move forward. You have taught me the most important thing in life is family. You have taught me how to slow down and see yellow wildflowers in the middle of a dark forest.
    And you have taught me that the place I love the most is home with you and your dad. You have changed me from a place I never knew existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment